Vision

To become the most admired educational Institute with leadership in application of the latest pedagogical tools for effective teaching and consultancy in this part of the state.

Mission

  • With the motto of education for larger life roles we impart knowledge and skills with accent on ethically acceptable value addition in personal growth and social development.

  • To prepare knowledgeable, skilled, cultured, confident and competent future citizens of India with a desire to contribute their might to its progress and welfare.

  • To enhance the abilities of learning to know, learning to do, learning to live and learning to be.

  • To submit enlightened and  patriotic youth  to our society.

The institution has dedicated itself to the service of society by educating students and preparing professional educators for all levels. It is one of the premier institutions in the area.

In the 1940s there was a long felt need for a full fledged college in the Head Quarters of the West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh. This need was fulfilled when late Sri Rao Saheb Damaraju Venkata Rao, the then Chairman of the Municipal Council, Eluru, took the initiative in 1944. The Municipal Council under the stewardship enlisted the sympathy and support of the philanthropic citizens in and around Eluru and embarked on a collection drive and deposited Rs. 2 lakhs 17 thousand in the Municipal Treasury as an earmarked fund for the starting of the college.

The college was inaugurated on 4th July 1945 by Sir Cattamanchi Ramalinga Reddy, the distinguished educationist and the then Vice-Chancellor, Andhra University and the college was named after him "Sir C.R. Reddy Municipal College". The college started functioning as a second grade college with Sri D.S. Subrahmanyam as the Founder Principal. A constitution was adopted for the Governing Body in the year 1947, according to which the word "Municipal" was dropped for the original name of the college. The college name to be treated as an institution under Private Management by the Government from 1947.

The college was raised to the status of First Grade with effect from July 1951. when the University granted affiliation for B.Sc and B.Com courses. The college was granted further affiliation in Degree Courses for B.A (Maths) and B.A., were started in July 1954. The college opened the Pre-University Course with effect from July 1957 and Three Year Degree Course from June 1958. With the decision of the State Government a Two Year Intermediate Course started in the year 1969 - 70. Degree Course under New Scheme with one Main and two ancillaries were introduced from the academic year1971 - 72.

Prathibha Awards

arrow-left.jpg
arrow-right.jpg
img1
img2

Video

National Webinar on Impact of COVID-19 on Women - Issues and Challenges || Day-1 || 01-07-2020

Read more

Gallery

Read more

Anti Ragging

Read more

© 2020 All Rights Reserved By Sir C.R.Reddy College, Eluru

web counter

Design and Developed by Gudduz Technologies