Infrastructure - Building Information

INFRASTRUCTURE

               In the 1940s there was a long felt need for a full-fledged college in the Head Quarters of the West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh. This need was fulfilled when late Sri Rao Saheb Damaraju Venkata Rao, the then Chairman of the Municipal Council, Eluru, took the initiative in 1944. The Municipal Council under the stewardship enlisted the sympathy and support of the philanthropic citizens in and around Eluru and embarked on a collection drive and deposited Rs. 2 lakhs 17 thousand in the Municipal Treasury as an earmarked fund for the starting of the college.

             In 1945, the college first started in a tiled house. The college was inaugurated on 4th July 1945 by Sir Cattamanchi Ramalinga Reddy, the distinguished educationist and the then Vice- Chancellor, Andhra University and the college was named after him "Sir C.R. Reddy Municipal College".

             The college started functioning as a second grade college with Sri D.S. Subrahmanyam as the Founder Principal. A constitution was adopted for the Governing Body in the year 1947, according to which the word "Municipal" was dropped for the original name of the college. The college name to be treated as an institution under Private Management by the Government from 1947.

             In these 62 years of journey the college developed in all aspects. The Management paid very much interest on the development of the college. The Management started many course and also opened many colleges to fulfill the need of the public. In these 62 years of journey the management constructed many beautiful buildings with all infrastructural facilities. The list of the buildings and the number of rooms available in each building with dimensions is listed here under. The Management announced this year is the year of Golden Jubilee Celebrations. The Golden Jubilee celebrations are inaugurated by Sri N.D. Tiwari, Governor, Andhara Pradesh on 22nd November, 2007. The Management newly constructed an administrative block which clearly shows the growth of the organization.

Statement showing the Total Plinth Area available for UG & PG Courses in the Campus

 

S.No.

Building Name

Plinth Area inSq.Mts. Plinth Area in Sq.Fts.

For Details

1 Main Block (Degree) 12,232.00 1,31,616.32










Click Here

2 Intermediate Block 3,113.81 33,504.59
3 Sheds 225.02 2,421.21
4 Commerce Building(Vocational) 1,733.40 18,651.38
5 UGC NRSC Building 345.69 3,719.62
6 PG Courses Old Building 2,140.60 23,032.85
7 PG Courses New Building 1,671.81 17,988.67
8 Computer Course Building 517.57 5,569.05
9 Botany Building 607.46 6,536.26
10 Library Building 1,646.20 17,713.11
11 Gymnasium 857 9,221.32
12 NCC Block 229.8 2,472.64
13 New Hostel 3,644.15 39,211.05
14 Old Hostel 2,330.54 25,076.61
15 Deputy Warden Quarter 157.55 1,695.23
16 Auditorium 996.87 10,726.32
17

Andhra Bank & Canteen Building         

356.87 3,839.92
18 Administrative Block 259 2,796.52
TOTAL: 33,066.24 3,55,792.67


 

.

© 2020 All Rights Reserved By Sir C.R.Reddy College, Eluru

web counter

Design and Developed by Gudduz Technologies