Sir C. R. R. College, Eluru was established in 1945 and since its inception, it has a rich legacy for academic, games, sports and many extra curricular and co- curricular activities. The department of Physical Education was started in the year 1945.
In July, 1945 Sri G. George B.A. D.P.Ed joined as the first Physical Director. In view of the growing needs of students in Physical education, Sri V. Vidya Prasad, B.Sc, M.P.Ed. joined as Assistant Physical Director in the year 1959. In 1961, Sri V. Vidya Prasad was promoted as Additional Physical Director. After retirement of Sri G. George, in 1968, Sri. V. Vidya Prasad was promoted as Physical Director.
Sri V. Subba Rao, B,Com, M.P.Ed. joined as Assistant Physical Director. Later he was promoted as Additional Physical Director. Sri V.S.V.S Bapuji,B.Com, M.P.Ed joined as Assistant Physical Director, in the place of Sri V. Subba rao in 1984 and is working now in the epartment.
In the year 1974, the college built Gymnasium with a view to infuse in students the spirit required for their Physical growth. Sri L. Bullayya, Vice Chancellor,Andhra University, laid foundation stone for Gymnasium in the year 1971 and Sri J.Vengala Rao, Hon'ble Chief Minister of Government of Andhra Pradesh, inaugurated it on 10-1-1947. The building was funded by UGC.
Sri G. George, Physical Director of our college from 1945 to1968 was Andhra University Sports Board Member, Selection Committee, and Coach-cum- Manager for Andhra University teams several times. He was on the Governing Body of A.C. College, Guntur. He played a key role for the all round development of Physical Education Department of Andhra University.
Sri V. Vidya Prasad, Lecturer in Physical Education served in this college from 1959 to1994. During his span of time he was member, Sports Board Member and Selection Committee many a times of Andhra University. He was also a coach-cum-Manger for Andhra University games and sports teams. He worked for 10years as Secretary for Andhra University Physical Education Teachers' Association, Vice President of West Godavari District Cricket Association.
Vice President of West Godavari District Weight Lifting Association. Member of West Godavari District Sports Council and Construction Committee Member of Alluri Sita Rama Raju Stadium, Eluru.
Sri V. Subba Rao worked as Additional Physical Director from 1968 to 1985 at our college. He was a member of West Godavari District Kabbadi and Cricket Associations. He was a Selection Committee Member of Andhra University teams and Coach and Manager of Andhra University teams for several times.
© 2020 All Rights Reserved By Sir C.R.Reddy College, Eluru
Design and Developed by Gudduz Technologies