Responsibility and Accountability
1. Teachers should handle the subjects assigned by the Head of the Department
2. Teachers should complete the syllabus in time. Teachers shall produce good results in the subjects handled by them and are accountable for the same.
3. Mentor-Mentee system must be effectively implemented. Teachers shall monitor the respective group of students who are attached to them.
4. Assignment topics for each course are to be given to the students within a week of the beginning of the semester. The Note Books are to be collected from the students in time and returned to the students after correction.
6. Two Internal Exams are to be conducted in a semester. Answer books are to be valued and marks are to be informed to the students. Marks for the assignments, Internal Exams, Seminars if attended are to be entered in the counselling report.
7. Teachers should be good counsellors and Facilitators. They should help, guide, encourage and assist the students to ensure that the Teaching-Learning Process is effective and successful. Value based education must be their motto.
8. Teachers should maintain decorum both inside and outside the classroom and set a good example to the students.
9. Teachers should carry out other academic, co-curricular and organizational activities that may be assigned to them from time to time.
Punctuality and Attendance
1. Teachers must report in time to duty as per the working hours prescribed and should be available in the campus unless and otherwise they are assigned duties elsewhere.
2. Prior written permission should be obtained for reporting late in the morning or leaving early in the evening without detriment to their duties. This is subject to restrictions as regards frequency. Permission for going out of the College shall not be given during the class hours.
3. Teachers should sign the attendance register and give biometric attendance while reporting for duty.
4. Teachers are expected to be present in the college campus atleast 10 minutes before the College beginning time.
5. Teachers should remain in the campus till the end of the College hours and should give biometric attendance while leaving.
1. Prior written permission is required from the Principal / atleast a day in advance while availing CL or OD.
2. Not more than 25% of staff members in a Department will be allowed to go on OD / CL on a particular day.
3. Only five days or the maximum period of valuation work at a stretch in a valuation session whichever is longer will be allowed as OD for evaluation work in a year.
4. 12 days of causal leave can be availed in a calendar year.
5. Causal leave can be combined with other holidays. However the total period of continuous absence from duty should not exceed ten days.
6. All must report for duty on the reopening day and the last working day of each semester.
7. Medical Leave will be sanctioned only for medical reasons. Medical Certificate will be verified for its genuineness.
8. Study leave for higher studies will be granted at the discretion of the management.
Publication of Research Papers & Books and Participation in Research Projects, Seminars, Conferences etc.
1. Staff members are encouraged to write text books, publish articles in reputed Journals and present papers in Seminars and Conferences.
2. Staff members are encouraged to take up Research projects.
3. Staff members should also attend Faculty Development Programmes, Quality Improvement Programmes etc to update their knowledge.
4. Staff members are encouraged to undergo Practical Training in Industry and can take consultancy Work as part of Industry – Institute interaction.
5. Absence from duty to the above matters will be treated as on duty and may be suitably rewarded at the discretion of the management either monetarily or by Way of consideration during promotion.
1. No teacher should involve himself/ herself in any act of moral turpitude on his / her part which may cause impairment or bring discredit to the institution or Management.
2. Teachers Associations should not be formed without the permission of the Management.
3. No teacher should involve himself or herself in any form of political activity inside or outside the campus.
4. Teachers should attend the College neatly dressed, and wearing shoes. Dress regulations should be followed as the occasion demands. Jeans pant & T-Shirts are prohibited.
5. Teachers should not participate in any strikes or demonstrations either inside or outside the campus.
6. Any instructions issued by the Competent Authority by way of Circulars from time to time must be complied with.
7. No teacher shall send circulars / distribute handbills to the staff, organize meetings in the campus without permission from the Principal.
8. Teachers are barred from using cell phones while taking classes.
9. Teachers must always wear their identity badges while inside the college premises.
10. Heads of Departments must submit the Department’s time table and individual teacher’s time tables to the Principal on the last working day of the previous semester. Any change must also be reported to the Principal in writing
11. Teachers are encouraged to conduct research on their topic of interest. Management will provide necessary infrastructure for the same.
12. Each Department Association must conduct atleast three special meetings in each semester.
13. Teachers are expected to attend Department academic association meetings, seminars etc and also college functions like Sports Day, College Day, Independence Day and Republic Day celebrations without fail.
14. Teachers are expected to Volunteer, to take up extra classes for students of Certificate, Diploma and other Career Oriented Programmes.
15. Unless it is urgent, any representation in person to the Principal can be made only after College hours.
16. For making any representation to the Principal, teachers should desist meeting the Principal as a group.
17. No representation to any Government authority or University in the name of the College should be made, by any teacher, without the Principal or Secretary’s permission.
18. HODs are responsible for all the college properties belonging to their department. It is their responsibility to keep them clean and in working order. Any loss or damage to their property (like, tables, chairs, lab equipments, chemicals, electrical appliances) must be reported to the Principal in writing immediately. It is their duty to extract work from the Non-Teaching staff in keeping the Department clean & Tidy.
20. Coordinators of different Academic Cells should plan well in advance their activities for the semester and submit the same to the Principal with the Budget.
21. No department staff meeting should be held at the cost of class hours.
Violation or non observance of the service rules will invite punishment either in the form of censure or deferment of increment or suspension or termination from service after a due enquiry at the discretion of the management.
The Management appeals to all staff members to work as a team in institution-building and in upgrading our institution into one of Excellence in Higher Learning.
1. Non-Teaching staff working in the College office or departments should remain on Duty during College hours .They should report for duty atleast 30 minutes in advance.
2. Non-Teaching staff must always wear their identity badge during working hours.
3. Non-Teaching Staff assigned to Laboratories should keep the Labs clean.
4. Any Loss or damage to any article in the Lab or Class Room should be reported to the HOD in writing immediately.
5. Non-Teaching Staff, working in the Lab, shall maintain a stock register for all the articles, equipments, chemicals, etc. It shall be submitted to the HOD and the Principal at the end of each semester and their signatures obtained.
6. For articles damaged by the students a separate register should be maintained and if any money is collected from the student towards damages, as per the direction of the HOD, the amount shall be handed over to the College Accounts Staff, for deposit in the College account.
7. Non-teaching staff will carry out their duties as instructed by the authorities to whom they are attached.
8. Non-Teaching staff shall not leave the College premises without permission before 5.00 p.m.
© 2020 All Rights Reserved By Sir C.R.Reddy College, Eluru
Design and Developed by Gudduz Technologies