“Ensuring Quality in Education by providing distinct environment of academic excellence with Social commitment and inculcation of values in young and aspiring minds.”
To develop application-oriented courses, with necessary inputs and values with a view to shape the learners for all round development.
To cultivate knowledge skills, values and Confidence in the students to grow, thrive and prosper.
To promote academic exchange and strengthen academic industry interfacing exploring the technology available.
To instigate the spirit of enquiry, integrity, leadership and deep sense of social justice among students.
To provide life skills for a successful career and combat the competition in the society.
The institution has dedicated itself to the service of society by educating students and preparing professional educators for all levels. It is one of the premier institutions in the area.
In the 1940s there was a long felt need for a full fledged college in the Head Quarters of the
West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh. This need was fulfilled when late Sri Rao Saheb
Damaraju Venkata Rao, the then Chairman of the Municipal Council, Eluru, took the initiative
in 1944. The Municipal Council under the stewardship enlisted the sympathy and support of the
philanthropic citizens in and around Eluru and embarked on a collection drive and deposited Rs.
2 lakhs 17 thousand in the Municipal Treasury as an earmarked fund for the starting of the
The college was inaugurated on 4th
July 1945 by Sir Cattamanchi Ramalinga
Reddy, the distinguished educationist and the then Vice-Chancellor, Andhra University and the
college was named after him "Sir C.R. Reddy Municipal College". The college started
functioning as a second grade college with Sri D.S. Subrahmanyam as the Founder Principal. A
constitution was adopted for the Governing Body in the year 1947, according to which the word
"Municipal" was dropped for the original name of the college. The college name to be treated as
an institution under Private Management by the Government from 1947.
The college was raised to the status of First Grade with effect from July 1951.
when the University granted affiliation for B.Sc and B.Com courses. The college was granted
further affiliation in Degree Courses for B.A (Maths) and B.A., were started in July 1954. The
college opened the Pre-University Course with effect from July 1957 and Three Year Degree
Course from June 1958. With the decision of the State Government a Two Year Intermediate Course started in the year 1969 - 70. Degree Course under New Scheme with one Main and two
ancillaries were introduced from the academic year1971 - 72.